Roasted Red Pepper Soup
Roasted Red Pepper Soup – perfect to keep you warm in Melbourne’s winter right now👌
✔4 whole roasted red peppers
✔¼ cup chopped onion
✔1 teaspoon chili pepper flakes
✔1 teaspoon minced garlic
✔1 cup heavy whipping cream
✔¼ cup olive oil
✔½ teaspoon xanthan gum
✔Salt and pepper to taste
✔4 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1. Toss the whole peppers, without the liquid from the jar, into a blender and puree until it becomes a thick sauce.
2. Add the onions, salt, pepper, and chili flakes then puree again.
3. In a stovetop pan, heat up your teaspoon of garlic.
4. Pour in your pepper/chili mix and bring to a boil.
5. Whisk in the heavy cream and again, bring to a boil.
6. In a separate bowl, stir together the olive oil and xanthan gum.
7. Quickly pour the xanthan gum into the soup. Stir and the soup should begin to thicken.
8. Bring to a boil. Serve and top with some Parmesan cheese!
Enjoy!📸 Recipe by @ruledme