How about this for a Saturday Breakfast. “Eat Guilt Free”
2 large eggs, separated
½ cup liquid egg whites or egg substitute*
½ cup buttermilk 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon protein powder
¼ cup coconut flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
1 packet of Stevia or protein powder of choice
Butter or oil for cooking
*Can substitute with 4 egg whites.
1. Beat the egg whites (from the whole egg) with a pinch of salt until they have soft peaks. For the lazy (me), use a hand mixer with whisk attachment.
2. Mix the buttermilk, egg yolks, liquid egg whites, and vanilla extract in a bowl (make sure it is mixed well).
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the coconut flour, protein powder, baking powder, and cinnamon. Add the dry ingredients to the wet and mix until combined!
4. Fold the whipped egg whites into the batter; make sure not to deflate the whites!
5. Preheat a nonstick skillet over medium-low heat. For each pancake, lightly grease the pan with butter. Then pour 1/4 cup of batter into the skillet, moving slightly to distribute batter.
6. Cook until bubbles are visible on top, then flip the pancake over and cook until the other side is golden brown.