Almond Protein Balls
– 1/2 cup + 1 tbsp vanilla or unflavored protein powder (60 g) (see note below)
– 1/2 cup almond butter, preferably roasted (125 g/ 4.4 oz) – see note below
– 1 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 tsp vanilla powder or sugar-free vanilla extract
– 1/4 cup desiccated shredded coconut, unsweetened (19 g/ 0.7 oz)
– 1/4 cup flaked almonds, chopped roughly (23 g/ 0.8 oz)
– 1/4 cup ground flaxmeal (38 g/ 1.3 oz)
– Optional: 2 tbsp virgin melted coconut oil (30 ml)
Note: For a nut-free option you can use sunbutter. You can use whey protein powder (isolate), egg white protein powder (e.g. Jay Robb, Reflex Natural, Pulsin), plant-based pea protein powder such as NuZest, or even grass-fed collagen. Make sure it’s sweetened with natural low-carb sweeteners that won’t spike your blood sugar levels. The carb count per 100 grams of protein powder should be around 4 grams. If you are using unflavored protein powder, you can add sweetener to taste (powdered erythritol, Swerve, monk fruit or stevia) or skip it altogether.
1. Place all ingredients, except coconut oil, into a bowl and mix thoroughly. If the mixture seems a bit dry, melt and add the coconut oil.
2. Roll into a heaped teaspoon full 16 balls (about 17 g/ 0.6 oz each) and place on a lined tray.
3. Chill into the fridge for about two hours. Store in a container in the refrigerator for up to one month.
Awesome recipe at 📷 @ketodiet_app